As of two weeks and one day ago, Poppy is three months old. The 4th trimester is over! We survived! Except, it hardly feels as though we’ve moved on from survival mode since this baby would much rather be in our arms or on our laps than sit politely (and quietly) elsewhere. All. Day. Long.
But he does sleep through the night. In 12-hour stretches. So there’s that.
I really shouldn’t complain.
And there are other wonderful things about Poppy too:
- He smiles more than any other baby I’ve ever known.
- He loves people — being held by them, yes. But also spoken to, sung to, smiled at, and tickled by them. And he loves to watch them curiously as they go about their business. Please just don’t ignore him for too long.
- He looks at his big sis, Cupcake, with such wide-eyed reverence, as though she herself hung the moon and stapled each star into the sky.
- He has loud, squealing giggle fits in the evenings. It’s possibly the cutest thing to happen ever.
- And those soft, pinchable cheeks! Who can resist them?