Three of you lovely ladies have recently(ish) nominated me for the Sunshine Award, so a big, warm thank you to Daryl at Something Out of Nothing, This Child’s Mom, and trishadill38 at Life’s Journey. I know I’m very late in playing along, but better late than never, right? Skittle is here and I spend a lot of time breastfeeding, so my nursing time is the perfect opportunity to work on this.
The Rules are:
Include the Sunshine Award Icon in your post.
LInk to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
Answer 10 questions about yourself.
Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
Now, on to the question and answer session…
QUESTIONS FROM DARYL:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? London…no question. It’s my favorite place in the world and the place that feels most like home. If only I could figure out a way to become a citizen of the U.K…..
2. What crazy celebrity baby name do you secretly love? Sunday Rose, the name Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban gave to their daughter. I also like Honor and Haven, the names of Jessica Alba’s daughters.
3. If you had three hours to yourself, what would you do with that time? I’d go to Starbucks with a good book and sit and read for a while. Then I’d come home and take a good, long nap.
4. What’s the best thing on TV right now? I love, love, love Parenthood. I’m also obsessed with Shark Tank.
5. What’s your favorite family recipe? I have several! There are two salads — a Mexican salad and a Chinese chicken salad — that my mom makes and I often request for my birthday. And then there are mint brownies I love and, everybody’s favorite, peanut butter cup cookies. We make them every year for Christmas and Honey always insists that I make dozens extra to freeze, so we can eat them for months to come. (Though, really, they hardly last more than a few weeks!)
6. What’s your hidden talent? It’s not really a “hidden” talent (though I don’t really go around showing it off either), but I’ve been told I’m a good writer. I’ve won a couple awards for my writing and have had a few small things published. Sadly, though, I’ve kind of let this “talent” go by the wayside since having children. I have less time, energy, and motivation than ever now. BUT I still have great dreams of one day sitting down to write a novel and then having it published. It’s on my Bucket List. 🙂
7. Would you rather spend Thanksgiving with your own family or your husband/partner’s family? Definitely my own!
8. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? It depends. If I’m staying at home all day, it takes about 10 minutes for me to wash my face, brush my teeth, and pull on some yoga pants and a T-shirt. If I’m leaving the house, though, it takes me a bit longer — maybe 30 minutes — so I can quickly do my hair and makeup, too.
9. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? With whom? No. But that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t! If there’s ever an opportunity, I’d give it a try.
10. What’s your guilty pleasure? Eating Nutella and peanut butter straight from the jar. Yum!
QUESTIONS FROM THIS CHILD’S MOM:
1. What is the one biggest lesson you’ve learned this year? Miracles happen when you least expect it, when you need it the most, and in God’s perfect timing.
2. What is something you hope to become better at? Standing up for myself. And crocheting.
3. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas. The magic of the season is something I look forward to all year long…I only wish it didn’t have to be so dang cold outside when it finally comes around!
4. Who is/was your celebrity crush? Oooo, I have lots! Can I choose five? Gerard Butler, Apolo Anton Ohno, Rob Lowe, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Justin Timberlake.
5. What is the weirdest habit you have or thing you repeatedly do? Whenever I eat candy like Skittles or Mike n Ikes, I separate them into colors/flavors and then eat a big handful of just one flavor at a time.
6. Would you prank call someone and if so, what would you say? Maybe when I was younger, but not now. My Honey would, though!
7. What is your 4-letter personality type? ISFJ
8. What is something you say a lot? “I’m worried” because I’m always worried about something, usually my fertility, or the health/well-being of my children, or my husband’s job security, or finances, or my weight. Sometimes, I will feel worried and not even know why! My husband says if there’s nothing to worry about, I create something because I’m not me if I’m not worrying.
9. What college and/or professional sports teams do you root for? Sorry, but sports bore me. I don’t watch them, or root for anyone.
10. Why do you blog, and do you think you’ll keep blogging for a while? I began blogging because I had just suffered a miscarriage and needed an outlet. I was also hoping to connect with others who knew what I was going through. Now I blog because I feel compelled to finish telling my story. I’m a writer…I like to have a proper end. And as for whether I’ll continue blogging for a while, the short answer is no. Every story has its end and mine is near. But that’s another blog post for another day.
QUESTIONS FROM TRISHADILL38:
1. What are your favourite movies and what was the part you liked best? I love Australia, Titanic, Pearl Harbor, The Break-Up, The Vow, and The Time Traveler’s Wife. But don’t ask me to choose my favorite scene because there are too many!
2. If you can travel to any place in the world where would it be? Probably Ireland or South Africa…I’ve always wanted to go to both places. And also Antarctica because I think taking a cruise there would be exciting and not many people can say they’ve been there!
3. Have you ever been to summer camp? Sort of. When I was in junior high, I went to a day camp for inspiring writers and artists. I came away with some pretty cool creations and had a lot of fun, even though it was a difficult experience because I’m so shy.
4 . Are you introverted or extroverted? Definitely introverted, though I do enjoy social gatherings if I know most of the people attending.
5. Tell me some characteristics that are important to you in a good friend? Loyalty. Honesty. Reliability. Trustworthiness. Sensitivity. A good sense of humor.
6. What are your hobbies? I love to scrapbook and do crafty projects and I just learned how to crochet this year. I also love playing with my fancy DSLR camera and trying to get that perfect shot of my daughters. (Oh wow…I have daughters now!)
7. What do you want to do when you’re finished school? After I finished obtaining my Bachelor’s in English, I had great hopes of writing more or working in editing and publishing. But now, all I want is to go back to school and finish my nursing degree. (I studied nursing for two years.) I’d love to be a labor and delivery nurse or work at an infertility clinic. BUT I don’t know if or when that will ever happen because I’m unsure how to juggle motherhood and getting an education at the same time.
8. What is your least favourite food? Anything with meat (especially beef and ham) in it.
9. If you can change anything in the past what would it be? If we’re talking strictly my past and not world history (in which case, I would probably change the Holocaust), I would have said my miscarriage just a few months ago, but now that I have Skittle in my arms, it’s hard to really want that. If Teddy Graham was here, I’m pretty sure Skittle wouldn’t be. And I wouldn’t change my experience with infertility either. Though I hate that I’ve had to go through it, I do believe it has made me a better person and mother. I don’t take a single moment for granted because of what I went through. So with that said, I would probably change the sexual abuse I experienced as a child. I can’t even begin to imagine how different my childhood would have been if it had not been for that.
10. Why do you blog? As I sort of said above, I have blogged mostly to give and receive support during some of the hardest days of my life. Now, I just want to tie up some loose ends and finish my story before I bid farewell to this blog.
As for completing the last requirement for the Sunshine Award — that is, nominating ten others — I’m going to take the easy (i.e. lazy) way out and, ahem, not do it. So many of you have already participated in this and others of you hate these kind of things, and I don’t want to bother or burden anyone. But if you haven’t participated and you want to, please choose a few questions to answer and join in! The more the merrier. 🙂