** Yep — another pregnancy post **
I have a few things to briefly talk about — the sort of things that aren’t big enough to warrant a post of their own, but seem to at least deserve a mention. Let’s do it bullet-point style:
- My friend Lillian has taught me how to crochet and I’ve started making a baby blanket for Skittle. I’m excited! I tried to self-teach during my brief pregnancy with Teddy Graham and failed miserably (just as the pregnancy failed miserably), but I’m glad to be back at it and to create something for this baby we waited so long for. It won’t be a perfect piece of work, but Skittle won’t notice, will she?
- We have successfully converted our Great Room into my office and craft room, so now my former office can become Cupcake’s new room. We are making great progress on it and it should be complete by the end of the month. Cupcake will finally be moving to a big girl bed and, while it’s bittersweet to watch my little girl grow up (even though I’m so happy she’s doing so), I’m taking comfort in knowing that I’ll have another baby to enjoy in 18 weeks or so.
- My mom was here over Memorial Day weekend and we accomplished a lot of baby tasks. We sorted through all of Cupcake’s tiny baby clothes and I now have a huge pink and purple wardrobe to fill the closet in the nursery. We also started two small registries (one at Target, one at Babies ‘R’ Us) for the few items that I need and/or want for Skittle. And we went on a major (as in, I’m almost embarrassed by how major it was) shopping spree at a local baby boutique. I have been dying to do that for ages and through all the months of TTC, I saved every penny I could and told myself that, should we ever conceive again, my reward would be to go shopping at this beautiful boutique. I felt a little guilty for spending so much money on some items that were so frivolous (but so cute), but it also felt incredibly good to finally be there, shopping for our baby, instead of dreaming of it.
- My mama was able to feel Skittle move for the first time on the day she arrived. 🙂 But poor Honey has yet to do so, since Skittle always decides to stop kicking the minute her daddy puts his hand on my belly. 😦
- I think the size or position of my uterus has changed in the last week or two. I haven’t had to get up to pee even once during the last five or six nights AND I’m now feeling kicks (or punches?) from Skittle way up high, when they used to only be at my belly button or below.
- My friends Lillian and Leigh are planning to throw a baby shower for me and another friend (who is due in July) at the end of this month or the beginning of next. The problem? They haven’t set a date yet. I’m starting to feel a little nervous for how this is all going to come together for them, as I’m the type of person who sends out invitations to these kind of things at least a month in advance. I had a lot of heavy input into the shower that my mom threw for me in my first pregnancy, so to step back and just let two friends take control is a little daunting. But still…I’m delighted to be at a point where I can even have a shower, and to have friends who care enough about me to throw me one.
That’s the current update in the Dash home. It seems we’re all about Baby and all about Cupcake these days. Totally submerged, but I guess that’s normal. It’s finally sunny here in our Pacific Northwest neighborhood and so maybe I’ll find something to do this week that isn’t totally focused on preparing our home for another baby invasion. I hope everyone is having a good weekend, and staying safe and cool from the wild weather that’s playing out around our country! xo